Princess Diana of Themyscira, Diana Prince, or Wonder Woman!
Whatever you prefer to call her, here are 13 Reasons Why YOU Should be talking about Gal Gadot!
- Gal Gadot, the stunningly beautiful actress who portrays Wonder Woman in the upcoming 2017 Warner Bros. and DC Entertainments film of the same name, served 2 years in the Israeli Defense Force (IDF)!
- At 18 Years old, Gadot competed and won the 2004 Miss Isreal Competition!
- Gadot, after being crowned Miss Isreal, went to University to study Law.
- During her time at university, She got a casting call to audition for the part of Camille Montes on the 007 Bond film Quanum of Solace. Olga Kurylenko went on to claim the role.
- The Casting Director for Quantum of Solace had other plans for the up and coming actress when he instead offered her the role of Gisele in Fast & Furious. The fourth film in the Fast and the Furious franchise. Gadot would later continue on to Fast Five and Fast & Furious 6.
- During Filming of Fast & Furious, Fast Five, and Fast & Furious 6, Gal Gadot performed her own stunts!
- Gadot owns and rides a 2006 Ducati Monster-S2R Motorcycle!
- Before being offered the role of Wonder Woman, Gadot was offered the role of Faora-Ul (Zod’s Sub-Commander) in Man of Steel which she turned down due to being pregnant! in 2011, Gal and her husband, Yaron Versano, happily brought Alma, there little girl into this world!
- When Gal was brought in to audition for her part in Wonder Woman, she had no idea what part she was auditioning for. She didn’t even know the NAME of the film! All she knew was Ben Affleck would play the male lead and it was directed by Zack Snyder. During the audition, they had her read from Quentin Tarantino’s Death Proof!
- Gadot wasn’t the only one “Battling” for the part of Wonder Woman! Olga Kurlenko, Elodie Yung, and Jaimie Alexander where also in the running!
- DC almost lost Gadot to Marvel back in 2014 when she was almost offered the role of Gamora in Guardians of the Galaxy!
- Other than the upcoming film Wonder Woman, Gal has also held parts in other great films such as Date Night, Knight and Day, and even found herself on the hit series Entourage!
- Before filming began on Wonder Woman, Gal spent 6 months training to become an Amazonian! She Trained six hours a day! 2 hours in the gym, two hours fight choreography, and close to two hours of horseback riding!
Wonder Woman opens in (USA) Theaters June 2nd!
Did you enjoy this article? Why not share it with your friends on your favorite social platforms below!